The user domain\user does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation.

I have a user getting a permissions error for an incident.  She was able to save comments and update the incident earlier today.  Now she can not update the same incident.  No permissions changes have occurred and she can still create and update other workitems.  Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

The configuration is a SCSM 2012 SP1 console installed on Windows 7.  The Analyst is attempting to add comments but an apply action gives the following error:

Date: 2/25/2013 2:14:41 PM
Application:
Application Version: 7.5.2905.0
Severity: Error
Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnauthorizedAccessEnterpriseManagementException: The user domain\user does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation.
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ServiceProxy.HandleFault(String methodName, Message message)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ConnectorFrameworkConfigurationServiceProxy.ProcessDiscoveryData(Guid discoverySourceId, IList`1 entityInstances, IDictionary`2 streams, ObjectChangelist`1 extensions)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConnectorFramework.IncrementalDiscoveryData.CommitInternal(EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup, Guid discoverySourceId, Boolean useOptimisticConcurrency)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConnectorFramework.IncrementalDiscoveryData.Commit(EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.DataAdapters.EnterpriseManagementObjectProjectionWriteAdapter.WriteSdkObject(EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup, IList`1 sdkObjects, IDictionary`2 parameters)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.DataAdapters.SdkWriteAdapter`1.DoAction(DataQueryBase query, IList`1 dataSources, IDictionary`2 parameters, IList`1 inputs, String outputCollectionName)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.ViewFramework.SingleItemSupportAdapter.DoAction(DataQueryBase query, IList`1 dataSources, IDictionary`2 parameters, IList`1 inputs, String outputCollectionName)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.DataModel.QueryQueue.StartExecuteQuery(Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console.ConsoleJobExceptionHandler.ExecuteJob(IComponent component, EventHandler`1 job, Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)

February 25th, 2013 9:46pm

Hi Misha,

What user role is she member of and has it been scoped in any way?

Regards
//Anders

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 26th, 2013 7:18pm

The user is a member of a custom role that is based off an Advanced Operator Role.  We do scoping only on Tasks and views.  No changes to this were made.  The user can still on work-items just as before.  Just one particular incident will not allow for changes.  This same incident she was able to update earlier in the day.
February 26th, 2013 7:39pm

Strange...

Suppose you can update the incident w/o any issues? What if she tries to update it from another computer?

Regards
//Anders

February 26th, 2013 7:47pm

I can update it just fine.  I have not tried to have her update it via another computer.
February 26th, 2013 7:53pm

I have also tried another computer and the same behavior happens.  This has happend in the past and I just updated the call for my users but I would like to find the reason why this intermittently happens.
March 1st, 2013 5:32pm

Check a relationships for this WI (related services, computer, someth
March 4th, 2013 1:45pm

Does the role have any CI groups or queues attached to it? The only logic explanation without getting my hands dirty would be that she updated a data property or changed the affected CI ad that put the work item into a different queue where she now no longer has access to.
March 5th, 2013 5:56am

As of 2015 and SCSM 2012 R2 UR4 this is still an issue.  It is very intermittent, and only happens a couple times a year but I still want to get to the bottom of it.  I am looking at an affected incidents resolution tab.  Is it normal for one analyst to have two entries in the time worked section?

I am seeing all the same issues outlined here http://www.vansurksum.com/scsm-2012-failed-to-execute-submit-operation-event-id-26319/ except that the user in question has no queue and group limitations.  Any Ideas?

May 28th, 2015 6:54pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics